Sugar Siren Cakes News

Please note that this blog is very very out of date so for a much wider variety & more up to date photos please head over to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SugarSirenCakes where photos are in categorised albums making them much easier to view, thank you.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thomas The Tank Engine Cake

This Thomas the Tank Engine cake was one I made for one of my son's for his 4th birthday.


I'm afraid it was a bit of a rush job so it is far from prefect but I though you might like to see it anyway, (such is the life of the poor cake decorators child, always getting last minute cakes, lol).


He is of course a big Thomas the Tank fan so he was thrilled with the cake anyway but if I have had more time I would of added railway tracks to the cake board, some little pieces of coal in the back of Thomas, as well as a Fat Controller figurine to stand next to him.


Normally the number on the side of Thomas is a number 1 but naturally I changed it to a number 4 as it was his 4th birthday.

The cake itself was a 'Midnight Delight' (dark chocolate mud cake) with layers of chocolate ganache.  It is always hard to say how many serve a sculpted cake is but I would estimate that this one would be approx 45-55 regular serves. 

The covering & all decorations on the cake are marshmallow fondant.


3 comments:

  1. que bonito ¡¡¡¡ fantastic...
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cool! Extremely well done! Fab work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great! , can't wait until I get on this level :) .

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails