Sugar Siren Cakes News

Please note that this blog is very very out of date so for a much wider variety & more up to date photos please head over to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SugarSirenCakes where photos are in categorised albums making them much easier to view, thank you.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

1st Holy Communion Cupcakes

I received a call from a lovely lady inquiring about cupcakes for a 1st holy communion.

She wanted to give each child an individual boxed cupcake to help them celebrate & wondered if it would even be possible to do a topper with a related design but of course it was, so this was what I created.


The cake was 'Snow White' (white chocolate mud cake) & the frosting was vanilla buttercream.

The colour scheme was white & gold so I used gold foil cupcake cases this time paired with pure white buttercream.


I then added edible gold glitter & gold cashous (sugar pearls) to each cupcake.


For the toppers I made round discs with a gold rim, I added a gold chalice in the center with the host coming out of it, then on either side of the chalice I added some grapes & a loaf of bread.  They were all made using fondant & edible dusts & pens.


You can really see the gold effect in this shot.


Here they are all boxed up & ready to hand out to the children.


I just love the way they set up the boxes in a cross formation, what a great effect.


& here is one of the happy young gentleman receiving his yummy cupcake treat. to take home.


I later received a lovely thank you email saying "The cupcakes for the children making their 1st Holy Communion were amazing! You are so creative and talented. What a wonderful design on top of the white mud cake. Everyone was blown away with them. Great job! Thanks" Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails