Sugar Siren Cakes News

Please note that this blog is very very out of date so for a much wider variety & more up to date photos please head over to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SugarSirenCakes where photos are in categorised albums making them much easier to view, thank you.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Golf Cake Decorations

For this project I was asked by a lady that has just begun to try her hand at cake decorating to make some decorations for her next cake which was to be a golf cake for her husband, I was of course happy to do this.

I was asked to make a man playing golf, a birthday greeting & some golf balls so this is what I created.


I thought it would be a nice touch to have the birthday age on the flag as the 'hole number' & I also decided to make the background for the birthday greeting into flags as well to bring it all together. 

I made sure I asked what the birthday boy usually wore went he went golfing so that I could make the topper as personal as possible.  Everything was made from fondant & is edible except for the flagpole & the shaft of the golf club.


The golf balls (or half golf balls actually) were to be used for the cake border.


The great thing about toppers such as this golfer is although edible it can also be kept as a bit of a keepsake instead if you wish.

She was very happy with how they turned out & has asked me to make some more toppers for the next cake she is doing.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails