Sugar Siren Cakes News

Please note that this blog is very very out of date so for a much wider variety & more up to date photos please head over to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SugarSirenCakes where photos are in categorised albums making them much easier to view, thank you.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pink Heart Gift Box Cake

This cake was what they call a gift box cake & was commissioned my a loving mother for her daughters 21st birthday.

Gift box cakes sometime have an extra piece of fondant added on the top to simulate a lid however this time the client had sent me a picture of exactly what she wanted & that one did not feature a "lid" so I stuck to that.


The cake's theme was hearts with the classic colour combination of white & a really lovely hot pink colour (unfortunately the light in photos is not great, sorry about that).  The large bow & all other decorations I made using fondant sugarpaste, the number 21's & letters of the birthday girls name I finished with an edible silver paint & I added a silver sugar pearl to either side of each letter of her name.


This cake was my 'Citrus Zing' butter sponge cake & lemon was chosen for the citrus type.  It was accompanied by a vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream for the filling between all 3 layers, then coated in a rich white chocolate ganache before being covered in the final layer of marshmallow fondant.  The size was 8" square (approx 32 dessert size serves).


I am pleased to say that they were very happy with their cake, I received some lovely feedback & am looking forward to creating something else for a future special occasion for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails