Sugar Siren Cakes News

Please note that this blog is very very out of date so for a much wider variety & more up to date photos please head over to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SugarSirenCakes where photos are in categorised albums making them much easier to view, thank you.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Cupcake Gift Box

Let me just start off by saying no, you are not going crazy or seeing double.  You are completely correct in thinking this order looks very, very similar to the 60th Birthday Flower Cupcakes featured my last post.

This time the customer had the extremely kind though of  a lovely cupcake gift box to be delivered to the local private hospital for a special birthday surprize.

Again with this order I was not given too much direction except for the fact there should be lots of lovely pink frosting & as I thought the previous order looked so pretty I decided to do one very similar again as I thought it would look gorgeous as a gift box.

The flavours were different for this order with a mixture of my 'Snow White' (a rich white chocolate mud cake) & 'Midnight Delight' (a moist dark chocolate mud cake).  The frosting was however the same, a white chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream.

As before I added a good sprinkle of pink, yellow & white sugar pearls to all the cupcakes & I made white fondant/sugarpaste blossoms which I highlighted with lustre dust & finished with yellow centres using petal dust & sugar pearls.

The major difference this time around was in the "Happy Birthday" message toppers I created.  I used a large flower cutter to make the base as before but this time I incorporated the design of the smaller flowers by highlighting again with lustre dust & finishing the middles with petal dust.  I also used a different font for the letters as I believe they have more impact than the script ones & finally I used the same flowers as the ones on the cupcakes this time instead of small yellow ones.

I think they turned out well & I was much happier with these message toppers this time.

Another small difference that you may or may not notice is that I used a bit bigger piping tip this time just to produce slightly fuller buttercream swirls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails