Sugar Siren Cakes News

Please note that this blog is very very out of date so for a much wider variety & more up to date photos please head over to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SugarSirenCakes where photos are in categorised albums making them much easier to view, thank you.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Fishing Birthday Cupcakes

Here we have the fishing cupcakes that I created to accompany the fishing birthday cake which was ordered recently.


The flavours were the same as in the larger cake, 'Blondie' (vanilla bean butter) cake with caramel Swiss meringue buttercream.

For the cupcake toppers I used homemade marshmallow fondant which I marbled to make it appear like the sea to create discs to use as a base for all the 3D creatures etc.

There were some crabs, fish & stingray (which were finished with lustre dust to appear more fish like), happy birthday messages (featuring seaweed & rocks), star fish & fishing rods, all of which appeared on the matching cake.

I think the crabs were pretty cute!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! You should submit those to the "Cupcakes Take the Cake" blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenniffer, I did add them to their pool on flickr & they have done a spotlight on me on their blog before.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails